Advanced Practice Student Experiences
Neurosciences Services, Glendale Adventist Medical Center, Glendale, CA
- Evaluated and managed patients with acute stroke through the hospital course from admission to discharge under the guidance of a neurologist or nurse practitioner.
- Developed order sets based on clinical guidelines for the management of acute stroke.
- Assisted in staff development and education with regards to management of the acute stroke patient.
Women’s Heart Program, Cedar Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Evaluated women with cardiac disease and cardiac risk factors. Provided primary and secondary cardiac care including, lifestyle modification (e.g. diet, exercise, smoking cessation), management hypertension, dyslipidemia, dysrhythmias, valvular disorders, diastolic dysfunction, microvascular dysfunction and endothelial dysfunction under the guidance of a cardiologist.
Division of Neurosurgery, Los Angeles County/USC, Los Angeles, CA
- Managed the adult neurosurgical patient in the areas of the emergency room, operating room, neurological intensive care, trauma intensive care, step down units and medical units with a broad variety of diagnoses under the guidance of a neurosurgeon. Diagnoses included: subarachnoid hemorrhage, traumatic brain injury, traumatic spine injury, benign and malignant tumors of brain or spine, management of cystercercosis of the brain.
Division of Neurosurgery, University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- Participated in the assessment and management of neurosurgical patients in the clinic setting. Evaluated patients both pre and post procedure, undergoing stereortactic or functional neursosurgical under the guidance of a supervising neurosurgeon.
- Grand Rounds oral presentation on “Management of Vestibular Schwannomas that Enlarge After Stereotactic Radiosurgery, a scholarly article presentation”